lauren spitler

who.what.ren

Friday, October 25, 2013

Attractions: "like the best role there is!"


As of today, there are only 80 days until I check into the program that will be my life for a few months. My program is from January 13 (the day after my birthday!) through May 16, 2014! So it is really only 79 days and some hours at this point!

All that I know about my role at this point is that I'll be working in Attractions. I know that what probably comes to people's minds when I say "attractions" is me asking people how many in their party, putting them in rows and seats, and pushing a giant green button to "go!" I'm sure that that doesn't sound like an exciting role or even a good way to spend my semester to some, but I choose to look at it a different way!

In the words of my sister, Hayley, when she found out I'd be in attractions, "that's like the best role there is!"

Attractions is one of the more popular roles from what I've read about the program. It was actually my #2 most wanted role, so I feel blessed to have been offered it! Working in attractions is something I look forward to and know will help me in the long run. Just think of the skills you gain from working with thousands of tourists and park guests every day! Plus, just imagine how many accents I'll encounter! I'll be able to better perfect my accents if I ever need to show them off in a round of the accent game! (Accents, accents, accents! I just can't stop saying it!)

I'm sure that I'll have fun in whatever attraction I’m assigned. If you're familiar with Walt Disney World, I will say that I'm hoping to not get It's A Small World or The Hall of Presidents (yes, that is an attraction!)

I’m knocking on wood, or actually, the aluminum casing of my laptop, that I didn’t just set myself up for that one! Watch it happen, seriously… check back in like 90 days and see that I’m working one of those two! :)

If I do get one of those though, you can bet your bottom-dollar that I'll embrace that beautifully catchy and frankly annoying song, or brush up on my history knowledge and enjoy the heck out of it!



2 comments:

  1. I'm attractions too!! :D Good luck! I'M SO EXCITED.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the comment, Hannah! Good luck to you as well! I cannot wait to find out where we will be working! :)

      Delete

 photo s_03.jpg  photo s_04.jpg  photo s_05.jpg  photo s_06.jpg  photo s_07.jpg  photo s_08.jpg  photo s_09.jpg  photo s_10.jpg