lauren spitler

who.what.ren

Saturday, November 9, 2013

Bring on the SPF!


It hit me the other day that I would actually be living in Florida for a few months! I have been to Florida many times so I didn’t think much about moving down there for a bit, but what’s the longest I’ve ever stayed there consecutively? 2 weeks? Maybe? I am now going to be there for months!

This will be such a change considering I’m living in Chicago’s somewhat bipolar weather currently. It has been cold and rainy. The other day, I walked outside in my flannel shirt and a light jacket expecting typical autumn weather, but instead found myself freezing in 30-degree weather! I mean it snowed in October for Pete’s sake!

From January to May, I’ll be living in the Sunshine State! Talk about a change! I’m off to the land of heat and humidity with a predictable daily 30-minute rain shower! That might be generalizing a bit, but from my trips to Florida, I’m going to go ahead and claim this to be true.

They (people who know about skin, general health enthusiasts, doctors, I’m not really sure who, but I know these people exist) say that we are supposed to wear sunscreen daily. In Chicago’s fall and winter however, that can seem pointless. As a very fair-skinned person myself, I’ll be investing in a big bucket of sunscreen, and aloe vera for when my sunscreen application was not enough!

If you’re looking for a gift to give me for Christmas or my birthday, you can’t go wrong with, you guessed it, some good ole SPF! In all truthful speaking, other gifts will also be gladly accepted! :)

Now off to enjoy/experience the interesting weather I have while I’ve still got it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 photo s_03.jpg  photo s_04.jpg  photo s_05.jpg  photo s_06.jpg  photo s_07.jpg  photo s_08.jpg  photo s_09.jpg  photo s_10.jpg