lauren spitler

who.what.ren

Sunday, November 2, 2014

Paperman | Disney Happiness Project


Welcome to week two! This week I watched Disney’s animated short, Paperman from 2012. I had never seen this short and didn’t know the story beforehand that unfolded in just under seven minutes.

I felt like I was watching a sophisticated silent movie that one might analyze in film class or something. It has a classic feel to it. This short won the Academy Award for Best Animated Short Film at the 85th Academy Awards, so clearly others think it is a good product. (I would agree!)

What I liked about this short: It reminds me that a little bit of magic can be found in every day. It can happen in a number of ways, but it just might bring someone you were meant to meet into your life. For me, apart from the romantic implication that you could have a chance meeting with another person, have a real connection, and be perfect for each other, it reminded me that life can change at any given moment. Something can fly onto our radar and change the course of our lives entirely. (It’s a short with a ton of paper airplanes; these flying references are intentional, and clever!)

So I say, have hope! If things are kind of going on a crummy route, or maybe completely going on a crummy route, all it takes is a moment to change everything. Maybe don’t wait for a paper airplane to come hit you and direct your path, but if that happens, PLEASE let me know! That would make for an exciting follow-up post to this one, just saying!

Just be open and aware to things that are going on around you. Other people are in our lives for a reason, and things happen to us for a reason. Take them all in, sit back, and enjoy the ride! It may be a bumpy one, but that is all the more reason to be excited! It can be more fun that way :)

3 cheers for bad lighting! Hip-hip-sorry...

Find the magic in every day!
x Lauren

If you haven't watched it for yourself yet, you can find it online! It is just a little google search away!

Random fact: I've loved the look of a paper airplane drawn out for quite a bit of time now, so this page in my book was extra fun for me! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 photo s_03.jpg  photo s_04.jpg  photo s_05.jpg  photo s_06.jpg  photo s_07.jpg  photo s_08.jpg  photo s_09.jpg  photo s_10.jpg