lauren spitler

who.what.ren

Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Embracing the Power of Positivity


This may seem ironic coming from me after my Inside Out post, but I really am at a good place in life right now.

I have parted with many material items from my life that I've been holding onto, and along with that, I've emotionally shed a lot of baggage and drama from my past. It is safe to say that I am feeling really good. 

I'm obviously learning every day, and growing as I learn, but I'm happy with where I am. I am embracing the power of positivity. This may sound corny, but when is there a blog post that I don't say something cliché or cheesy, or something that would be pinned on a quote Pinterest board? But... they are TRUE!

Believing in even the possibility of a happy ending, or happiness in general--hope, is a powerful thing. 

Lately, I've been surrounded by negativity, and I am looking at it from a different perspective now. I have spent years of my life, being in the center of the negativity, and feeling miserable. Now, in this instance, I'm on the outside looking in, and it is so frustrating to see!

I am watching people harbor anger, and bitterness, and holding onto it, carrying it with them in everything they do. It isn't even my life, but it makes me miserable looking at it. Let it go! I know, that's easier said than done, but it's not just the anthem we've all heard a million times a la Frozen. It is a necessary step to move on in our lives.

Forgive yourself, forgive others, and move on! Life is incredibly short, and you are just hurting yourself and your best chance at life when you live in the past.

I have been there, like I've said. I've let anger consume me. I needed to clear some head space for positivity to dwell. I'm no poster child for this concept, but I'm getting there like all flawed humans are capable of (woah, just got deep haha).

I'm a student on this subject still, I always will be, but let's share our thoughts and wisdom with each other as we learn them, yeah?

There is a lot of light in the world--let it into your life. 

Believing is just the beginning!

Embrace the power of positivity in the world, and around you, but please embrace it in your own life as well.

x Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment

 photo s_03.jpg  photo s_04.jpg  photo s_05.jpg  photo s_06.jpg  photo s_07.jpg  photo s_08.jpg  photo s_09.jpg  photo s_10.jpg