lauren spitler

who.what.ren

Saturday, January 17, 2015

Life's A Happy Song | Disney Happiness Project

Now, I know that Week 11's Disney artifact, if you will, was a song, but get ready because Week 12 was feeling quite musical as well. 

The reason music has been pretty present lately is because I drive around playing either music from my phone or from one of those old-fashioned CDs. Do you know what I'm talking about? Ah..the good old days. Jokes! 

I have a few Disney CDs that I alternate between while I play DJ on the road. "Now That's What I Call Disney, Volume 3" has been played on most drives lately. Track 4 of that CD is "Life's a Happy Song" from The Muppets. 

Confession time! I have not seen the movie, and the first few times I played through the CD, I skipped over the song simply because I didn't recognize it. Well, some happy accident happened when it played out and I was introduced to the 4 minutes and 29 seconds of joy. The song begins with the most cheerful chime-like opening that sounds like a smile. Just those first few moments are enough to make me happy.

Now, since I have not seen the movie, I have no knowledge of the song's context, and the the significance it has to the overall story, but I do know that I like it!

Just picture me driving down the highway, belting along to a choir of ensemble cast members and Muppet. The synchronized choreography and facial expressions are show choir worthy. That happens on a daily basis, the only difference is that the car is empty except for me, and the town folk and Muppet are just heard through the speakers, but still, it is magical.

Of course, I can't leave you without giving you the chance to hear it for yourself, so I included the video at the bottom of this post! You might want to listen to it a few times, which I completely understand and even encourage! 

I hope that if you feel so inclined to, you will invest in the song yourself and singalong in the car on your drives! It is quite fun, I do admit! 

I have been loving a bunch of new music lately, and if you want to hear some of my non-Disney favorites right now too, let me know! 



What have you been listening to lately?
Let me know! I am always looking for some good suggestions!
x Lauren





No comments:

Post a Comment

 photo s_03.jpg  photo s_04.jpg  photo s_05.jpg  photo s_06.jpg  photo s_07.jpg  photo s_08.jpg  photo s_09.jpg  photo s_10.jpg