lauren spitler

who.what.ren

Friday, January 16, 2015

A Bit of Catch Up | Disney Happiness Project

Last month, I ended up making 10 posts on the blog! I actually just stopped writing for a second to go double-check that fact because that is crazy to me!

Because I made so many posts, half of which were dedicated to pictures from my trip to Walt Disney World alone, I didn't want to overwhelm the month with my usual weekly posts for my Disney Happiness Project. (That, and I became a bit lazy in December and procrastinated, but hey! The project lives on!)

Weeks 9 and 10 may seem like a cop-out since they are both devoted to my Disney trip that took place the week before, but let me explain! I spent the entire month poured over the photos I took on my trip whether it was preparing them for printing, or going through them again for each blog post, and then putting some of them in the cards I sent out to friends for Christmas. I spent the whole month immersed in my trip and reliving every moment! It brought me so much happiness throughout all of December, so I think it is fair that I took a few weeks to document it for my project.

Now, since I already shared pictures from my trip in other posts, and wrote a bit of explanation for each day, these pages from my book will look quite familiar to you! With that exciting disclaimer, I will just leave those pictures here for you.... and if you keep reading past the pictures to see Week 11, you'll see some content new to this blog!





One thing that I've loved during Week 11 is the song, "When You Wish Upon a Star." It's a Disney classic. I don't have loads to say about why it made me happy this week, but it did! I listen to the Cliff Edwards rendition, as he voiced Jiminy Cricket in Pinocchio. It just sounds like nostalgia.

Another reason the song makes me happy is because it is a big part of "Wishes Nighttime Spectacular"at Magic Kingdom. "Wishes" is a firework show that I memorized the soundtrack to years ago, and ever since, watch when I visit and sing along to (I do my best to be quiet and not bothersome to those around me, don't worry! I do also conduct the fireworks, as I know when they will go off, and feel like someone should properly cue them, haha!).

I'm not going to lie, the year has been off to a rough start, but the point of my project all along has been to seek out the positive, even when times and circumstances seem overwhelmingly negative. Little things like looking at pictures from my trips and time spent at Disney or a song I listened to during the week can really help.




I leave you now with the lyrics of "When You Wish Upon a Star." Feel free to be inspired.
x Lauren

When you wish upon a star
Makes no difference who you are
Anything your heart desires
Will come to you
If your heart is in your dream
No request is too extreme
When you wish upon a star
Like dreamers do
Fate is kind
She brings to those who love
The sweet fulfillment of
Their secret longing
Like a bolt out of the blue
Fate steps in and pulls you through
When you wish upon a star
Your dream comes true
Like a bolt out of the blue
Fate steps in and pulls you through
When you wish upon a star
Your dreams come true

No comments:

Post a Comment

 photo s_03.jpg  photo s_04.jpg  photo s_05.jpg  photo s_06.jpg  photo s_07.jpg  photo s_08.jpg  photo s_09.jpg  photo s_10.jpg