lauren spitler

who.what.ren

Thursday, July 30, 2015

Finding Neverland

It is no secret that I love Peter Pan. 

If you have not seen this post, check it out to get a glimpse of my love in picture form. What I didn't show in that post was a Neverland-themed flannel, necklace, other beanie, and ring I also own. I don't have a problem, I swear, haha, it's a passion.

I've also mentioned my love for musical theater on this blog before, and Finding Neverland has been my obsession lately. The original Broadway cast album was released about two weeks ago, and it has seriously been the soundtrack to my life!



In the car? Let's play Finding Neverland! Sitting at home and it's a bit quiet? Let's play Finding Neverland! It's been a few minutes since I last listened to the cast album? Hm... well, let's play Finding Neverland! You get the idea!

Broadway albums may not be for everyone, but I have seriously always been a sucker for plot-driven songs! (If you are in the crowd that enjoys Broadway cast albums... GET THIS ONE!)

Now, I have not (yet) seen the musical on Broadway (fingers crossed that happens soon!), but I have listened to the entire album enough to be affected by the message. Although, in all honesty, I cried the first time through so it didn't take long for me to feel the impact of the story.

I have felt the struggle, and the idea of one day finding your wings is a good one, and I believe the show displays this in a non-corny, but rather inspirational way.

Neverland is closer than it seems. 

I plan on making another post or two based on specific songs from the show because I truly believe they are that good!

The album has such a variety of sounds and moods. (Clearly I'm no music critic, haha, but I can honestly say that this is one of my favorite cast albums as a whole, and I have listened to quite a few :D) There is something for everyone, whether that be a song that is pleasing to the ear, or a message that you have been needing to hear.

Give it a listen and let me know what you think! I will gladly point you in the direction of a few songs that are my favorites, and I will also talk about them more here soon!

x Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment

 photo s_03.jpg  photo s_04.jpg  photo s_05.jpg  photo s_06.jpg  photo s_07.jpg  photo s_08.jpg  photo s_09.jpg  photo s_10.jpg