lauren spitler

who.what.ren

Saturday, December 7, 2013

The Greatest Time of Year


It is December! In case you were unaware…there’s that for you!
I know that I’ve only posted about Disney related things so far with my upcoming program in mind, but I will be adding little blurbs from life every so often, so enjoy or ignore, but I’d rather you enjoy!
I love Christmastime. It is my absolute favorite time of year! The bitter cold weather can be miserable, but the overall time is the best.
My sister and I each got our own advent calendar this year and they are Cars themed! Oh yeah! The little chocolates I’ve had so far have had characters like Lightning McQueen, Mater, and Sally (I think!) on them! It is hard to tell on these little chocolates! I just want to draw some extra special attention to Mater's hat...um..that is awesome! I'll take one!


Just my advent calendar casually hanging in our Christmas tree! 
So festive, and not staged at all! :)

Apparently there is a right and wrong way to open an advent calendar? I didn’t know this and am now opening mine backwards! I thought it was a countdown to Christmas (I mean, come on, it even says that at the top of mine) so I opened 24 first, then 23, and so on. I thought it could be like “Oh look! It’s 24 days until Christmas!” Well according to the results from my Google search, I was wrong. I am not letting that rain on my parade though, because I think my way is very logical, and I quite like it. :)
Advent calendars are just fun and festive! But you know what really makes this time of year special? Christmas music!
Now that I am listening to more Christmas music on the radio, I have been reminded of a few lyrics I used to sing incorrectly. When I was younger I was a little confused about some of the lyrics and the meanings of the songs were consequently changed quite a bit!
In the song, "Winter Wonderland", wonderful song by the way, when it says:
Later on, we'll conspire,

As we dream by the fire

To face unafraid,

The plans that we've made,

Walking in a winter wonderland
I used to sing and genuinely thought the lyrics were:
Later on, we'll perspire,

As we dream by the fire

To face unafraid,

The plans that we've made,

Walking in a winter wonderland.
You know what though? Looking back at that now, I was being pretty realistic…if you are sitting by a fire for a while, you are probably going to perspire, people!!
So that lyric change may not have drastically changed the meaning of the song, but when I used to sing "White Christmas", another great song, I was majorly mistaken.
The song goes like this…
I'm dreaming of a white Christmas,

With every Christmas card I write

May your days be merry and bright,

And may all your Christmases be white.
What a lovely sentiment! A lot lovelier than what I thought it was! The version I sung out went a little something like this:
I'm dreaming of a white Christmas,

With every Christmas card I write

May your days be numbered and bright,

And may all your Christmases be white.
MAY YOUR DAYS BE NUMBERED?! What was I thinking? What sort of Christmas song goes like that? Sad ones, that’s what! Oh man, I didn’t even know I was singing this wrong until someone else pointed it out to me back then! Unbelievable!

I know that was all very random, but I felt like sharing!

Christmastime is something special, and I hope that you reading this have a blessed time! This time of year is busy, and it can be stressful, but don’t let the time just pass you by!

If you need a good laugh to relieve a moment of stress, just remember that I used to sing about sweating and numbering your days in a Christmas song! Oh boy, so embarrassing! 

2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh! I laughed out loud at "may your days be numbered" XD Such a great mistake. AND MERRY CHRISTMAS!! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Hannah! Merry Christmas to you as well! :)

      Delete

 photo s_03.jpg  photo s_04.jpg  photo s_05.jpg  photo s_06.jpg  photo s_07.jpg  photo s_08.jpg  photo s_09.jpg  photo s_10.jpg