lauren spitler

who.what.ren

Thursday, December 5, 2013

Happy Birthday Walt!

Today would have been Walt Disney's 112th birthday! 

Whenever people ask "If you could have dinner with anyone, dead or alive, who would it be?" my answer is always Walt Disney. I have been fascinated with him as a person for so long now.

I did my book reports on him when I was in middle school, and I just gained such a respect and sense of admiration for the visionary that he is. Disney has been such a big part of my life and has definitely been a part of the shaping of who I am in a way. I wrote a little about this in a previous post, if you haven't read that one yet, check it out here! It includes pictures of little me!

My sister gave me the book, Walt Disney: An American Original by Bob Thomas almost a year ago now, and I have enjoyed reading more about Walt! There was so much I didn't know before. Reading about how he came to be the person he was, and the challenges and obstacles he overcome is inspiring. It sort of lights a creative spark in you!

I could go on for awhile about all of the things I love about Walt Disney, but that could become lengthy and repetitive as I tend to talk in circles! 

I will always be grateful for the work and dedication of Walt, a man I have never met, but whose life has impacted mine! Thank you Walt, and Happy Birthday, my friend! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 photo s_03.jpg  photo s_04.jpg  photo s_05.jpg  photo s_06.jpg  photo s_07.jpg  photo s_08.jpg  photo s_09.jpg  photo s_10.jpg