lauren spitler

who.what.ren

Friday, October 24, 2014

The Disney Happiness Project


I made my first blog post one year ago and created my blog in general in anticipation of my going down to Florida for about 7 months to work at Walt Disney World. I blogged all throughout that time, and long story short, it was the absolute best time of my life so far, hands down.

Once I moved back home, I continued to blog because I enjoyed it (and still do!). No longer having the fact that I was living, working, and playing in the Disney parks as my source for content, my blog went in a few directions with posts. Following the end of my Disney College Program, my blog has been having a bit of an identity crisis! I wanted to expand what I wrote about beyond Disney, but I quickly realized that Disney has seeped into every bit of my life. Not in a brainwashed, Disney is the only way sort of thing, but it has been in the best way possible, infused into my life from an early age. It’s been a really positive influence for me! Disney has always been a large part of my life from the moment I was born really. I posted about why all things Disney mean so much to me in an earlier post. (You can read it by clicking…here!)

So, with my blog, who.what.Ren. turning a year old, I am giving it more of a clear, guided vision for the year ahead. Everyone says to write what you know, and what you feel passionate about. They say to write content you care about, and what you would want to read. It became pretty clear that my favorite content to create was Disney based. I love Disney and like to think I’m pretty well versed in Disney, and I could talk about it all day, every day, and not run out of things to say. I know that it makes me happy to experience Disney, and I know that when my life is crappy and I feel like crying, a Disney song makes me smile. I care about my own happiness, and this project will help me! I’ll have something to look forward to each week, and I will learn new ways to appreciate the mundane things of this life. I hope to be inspired.

I know that everyone has their opinions on Disney, and everyone is entitled to their opinions! To some people, the idea of going to a Disney park means chaos, large crowds, headaches, noise, and an overwhelming sense of ahh… but to me, it’s completely therapeutic. Disney in general creates such happy moments for me. I spent 7 months of this year working at Walt Disney World creating happiness for guests that came to the theme parks, and I loved every single minute of it. Still today, I get to experience the magic of Disney and that is absolutely delightful.

So for one year, I am doing what I’m calling, “The Disney Happiness Project”. Creative title, I know ;) The project is subtitled however: A year of finding positivity in everyday life through the magical and imaginary world of Disney.

Basically for 52 weeks, I will spend each week immersed, if you will, in something Disney related. It can be a Disney film, a quote, a song lyric or entire soundtrack, a Disney show, or an event related to Disney…anything really! After fully experiencing that Disney thing, I am going to pull out what I find to be little positive nuggets of wisdom or truths that I feel I can relate to my life for the better. Thoughts or new insights I can learn from.

This isn’t Lauren living a year according to Disney. My life isn’t going to all of a sudden become this fairytale that is free from the pain and negativity that is unfortunately a big presence in my life. Let’s be real here. But, this will help me focus on seeking out happiness, and finding the positive in things. Life is full of ups and downs. My life has been a lot of downs, so I’m working on creating more ups.


I’m going to take those positive nuggets that I referred to and put them in this book. Each week of the project will have one page spread to cover and fill any way I want to. There is no right or wrong way to do it, that’s the beauty of creating my own project for myself—there are no rules here! It is a blank canvas, literally. The possibilities are endless. Well, they are limited to what will fit on these pages, obviously, but there is no way to fail at this, and that is a cool thought.

I’m going to then post a picture of the finished page spread on my blog each week with some of my insights to share with anyone who wants to participate! By creating a visual journal of some positive moments, I will be able to look back at this tangible representation of positive memories any time I want to. Even if the page just consists of a picture from the week, the goal is to find happiness tied to it.

Also, if you have any suggestions on a Disney thing, that I just have to be sure to include as one of the 52 things I focus on, let me know! And if you have any ideas on ways to improve my project, let me know! I would love to hear them!

I have been thinking about this project for a while, but I made myself wait to start it until it was my blog’s actual 1-year anniversary. I am just excited to finally start it now!

I appreciate you reading my posts, but if you want to go one step further and follow my blog, or enter your email to have my posts go right to your inbox, I can see that you specifically are being a part of this journey then, and that would be really cool for me!

Check back on my blog soon, because the first post of what will end up being 52 in total will be posted shortly! Eek! That is exciting! If anyone else is encouraged through my project at all, even in the slightest bit, that will make me so happy because that means more positivity in the world! And who doesn’t want that?

Disney gives me happy moments. Happy moments make up happy days, and happy days can make up a happy year.

My life doesn’t always feel the greatest, and I can live in the pain and suffering, or I can choose to find the positive, and create the positive for myself. This project is just the start of it for me! I hope you will be excited to follow me along! If my explanation of the project hasn’t been the clearest for you, as I start making my weekly posts, hopefully it will start to make more sense!

What makes you happy? Whatever it is, hold onto it, and embrace it fully! Until we chat again soon, I'm sending positive vibes your way!

x Lauren



No comments:

Post a Comment

 photo s_03.jpg  photo s_04.jpg  photo s_05.jpg  photo s_06.jpg  photo s_07.jpg  photo s_08.jpg  photo s_09.jpg  photo s_10.jpg