lauren spitler

who.what.ren

Sunday, February 1, 2015

Blogs, Aladdin, & "Keep Moving Forward" | Disney Happiness Project

Week 13:

Every time I turn my computer on, and open my Internet browser, there are a few websites I instinctively type in their own respective tabs right away. In no particular order, you will find: Pinterest, YouTube, my friend's Tumblr page, and last, but certainly not least, www.blogs.disney.com

There are a few official Disney blogs, and I am obsessed with each one of them. There is Oh My  Disney, Disney Insider, Disney Playlist, and Disney Style.

I am not exaggerating when I say that I look at these blogs every single day. I love reading lifestyle posts that are Disney related, and I take every quiz that is available to me to test my Disney knowledge, or find out things like, which Disney heroine I am (The answer is Mulan, just so you know. Find out yours here!).

I love the fact that the blogs are fun-loving and uplifting. Some days, it is my time spent scrolling through the various blogs that is my little dose of Disney for the day. It is enough though to remind me why I love Disney and continue to make it quite a huge part of my life. 

I would LOVE to get to work on any of the Disney blogs one day. Until then, I will keep chugging along here with my own Disney related posts :)



Week 14: 

Recently, I was able to watch Aladdin for a little bit. I saw a good portion of the movie, and it reminded me of my love for it. First off, Aladdin is one of my favorite characters, and I was reminded while watching the opening marketplace scene that he is one of my favorite princes as well. This is important news to share, I know, haha! (for the record, my two favorites are Flynn Rider and Aladdin, and then tied for second would be Eric and Phillip, probably :D)

The reason I love the movie so much is because of Aladdin and the Genie. I am quite the fan of both of their personalities, and their friendship together. I mean, Aladdin is poor and yet sometimes gives his (stolen) food to those who need it more. Also, he gives up his last wish for the Genie. He is a pretty good guy! And the Genie is the Genie, super lovable! Seeing just a few scenes of the movie was enough to make me smile this week. (Jafar is also my favorite Disney villain, just saying!)



Week 15: 

A simple quote was enough to boost my mood this week! It also is one that I have come across and read many times! It is a quote from the movie, Meet the Robinsons, which is by far one of the most underrated Disney films, if you ask me. It is said by Lewis, but was ultimately inspired by something Walt Disney said many years before, and I'm sure I have probably shared on this blog before!

In the movie, Lewis says, "You just focused on the bad stuff when all you had to do was, let go of the past and keep moving forward."

What a good reminder!! It is all about perspective! We need to take responsibility for our own lives. We are going to mess our own lives up and view it as turning out so badly if we only focus on the bad stuff! I know this is easier said than done. I am a great example of this. I am the first person to throw a pity-party for myself, but it is because I let the negatives overwhelm the positives. I am glad this quote came across my Twitter feed this week, because it brought the positives back to the forefront of my mind!



What did you love in the month of January? Any exciting plans for February? 

Also, do you have any suggestions of something Disney that I can incorporate in a future week's post? I would love to hear any ideas you have! 

Focus on the good stuff!
x Lauren

2 comments:

  1. "...the movie, Meet the Robinsons, which is by far one of the most underrated Disney films, if you ask me." << TRUTH!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seriously! I need to watch it again very very soon AND listen to Little Wonders :)

      Delete

 photo s_03.jpg  photo s_04.jpg  photo s_05.jpg  photo s_06.jpg  photo s_07.jpg  photo s_08.jpg  photo s_09.jpg  photo s_10.jpg