lauren spitler

who.what.ren

Friday, September 26, 2014

Oh, How Time Flies!

Exactly one year ago today, I was accepted into the Disney College Program! That was a year ago?! Shut the front door!

Actually applying for the program, and then doing the web-based interview, and phone interview feel a little distant, but the excitement of officially being accepted and then telling other people about it feels like just yesterday!

I wrote a post, the first one on this blog, in fact--the one that started it all, not too long after my acceptance. If you want to throw it back (as the kids are saying... :/ ) you can read that first post by clicking here

I knew that my college program would be filled with a lot of working, but also with a lot of fun. I had hopes to make a few friends, and come out of it having learned something about myself and what I want to do in the future.

What I was not prepared for was how much I was going to change and grow as a person, and how much the new people, the many new friends, that came into my life would mean to me! I think back, and the people who made my program what it was, really left a large impact on my life! I cannot thank them enough!

Nic and I leaving Magic Kingdom for the last time on our program, wearing our Graduation ears :)

Not only did I make a few really good friends along the way, but I have met some of the greatest human beings I have thus-far encountered. As cliché as it sounds, I really have made friends for life. These people mean so ridiculously much to me, and I love them very deeply. I am now friends with people from all over the country! (Though, I still got my Midwest crew of Nicolette and Ean locked down!)

It is crazy to think how much can change and how much can happen in such a short period of time! Ah! Time flies, but the fact that I am able to look back on this past year and smile, feeling accomplished, must mean I'm doing something right!

One of my favorite lines in Dream Along with Mickey, aka the greatest castle show you'll ever see, is sung by one of my favorites, Peter Pan! "Seize the moment! Let your fantasies and dreams set sail!"

Doing the Disney College Program was my dream, and it happened. I mean, come on! That is awesome! 

x Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment

 photo s_03.jpg  photo s_04.jpg  photo s_05.jpg  photo s_06.jpg  photo s_07.jpg  photo s_08.jpg  photo s_09.jpg  photo s_10.jpg