lauren spitler

who.what.ren

Monday, September 15, 2014

A Picture is Worth a Thousand Words...

Recently, I completed a project that makes me very happy. While being in Florida for my Disney College Program, I took many pictures that captured such memorable moments. It is such a joy-inducing thing to look back over all of the pictures.

While I didn't keep a journal of all the good times that I can read over and experience again, I did take many photographs that in and of themselves tell stories, and bring back a wave of emotions. I kept this blog, which journaled the highlights, and I certainly shared many photos here and on my social media platforms throughout my program.

After importing pictures from my phone, various memory cards from my camera, and from friends' cameras and such, I had a mess of pictures on my computer. It is a happy mess of memories, but I wanted to bring some sort of order to the chaos. There were far too many pictures for me to take on the task of detailed scrapbooking, and too many to frame just a few to put around my room.

I went through them all and narrowed down the ones I wanted to print. I had a few hundred pictures printed in the end (is that overkill? I don't think so, haha!). Next, I dated each picture and put them all in chronological order and began filling the photo album I purchased with these specific pictures in mind! 

There is something so satisfying about holding this large book that is filled with pictures I took, pictures of my friends and me, and the place that was my home for roughly seven months! They aren't just pictures of a moment in time, they are a physical representation of the happiest time in my life so far. 

If a picture is worth a thousand words, then the pages in this book are filled with nearly 300,000 words that tell the happiest story filled with some of the happiest individual moments I can imagine. 

Here is a look at a few of the page spreads in the album chosen at random!



When I stumble upon the inevitable bad day here and there, I can, and will look back on these happy days, and smile.

How do you preserve your memories in a tangible way? Let me know, I'm interested in hearing some more ideas!

x Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment

 photo s_03.jpg  photo s_04.jpg  photo s_05.jpg  photo s_06.jpg  photo s_07.jpg  photo s_08.jpg  photo s_09.jpg  photo s_10.jpg