lauren spitler

who.what.ren

Thursday, December 25, 2014

DAK & Hollywood Studios | WDW in December Day 3

I went to my home park, Disney's Animal Kingdom, the morning of Day 3 with my friend and old coworker, Robert!

First thing we did was breakfast at Tusker House! I have eaten there for dinner before, but Robert had never eaten there, or done a character meal, so it was a no-brainer!






While we were still in Africa, we went on a morning safari, and then hit one of my all-time favorite shows on property, Festival of the Lion King.



Tumble-monkeys!





One thing I really wanted to do while we were at DAK was meet Mickey & Minnie in their Holiday-wear. We walked through Discovery Island to their meeting spot, and on the way quickly met Tarzan, which was interesting to say the least!


Minnie, Robert, Me, and your pal and mine, Mickey!


Visiting DAK and not visiting my old home at Kali is unheard of, so we walked over to Asia, and immediately found some of the lovely people I have missed so much!




This is part of the queue for Kali, and sitting on the ledge 
above are some boots that are very special to me :)

Before we hopped over to Hollywood Studios, Robert and I actually rode two attractions, (Kali wasn't an option because we weren't prepared to go on a water ride that promises "you will get wet, and possibly soaked!" Oh Kali, how I've missed you and spieling all about it!)

Fabulous on Everest...

...and terrified on Dinosaur, naturally.

On our way out of the park, we caught "Winged Encounters- The Kingdom Takes Flight." The bird show debuted while I was still living down in FL in the summer, but neither of us had actually seen it. Various types of macaws fly around Discovery Island, and then come down to a particular area where avian experts can explain some specifics about the birds. Some hung out in the trees above us, and I enjoyed watching them! It is a very cool show because flocks of birds all fly in to the same area, hang out for a little bit, and then all leave at the same time and fly off. It was fascinating--so glad we caught it!



And then it was off to Studios! Robert and I always end up walking around the park, and this time was no different! We met some characters, and watched Beauty and the Beast! While we were walking around, I just happened to spot Robin Roberts and meet her and get a picture with her... are you kidding?? My day has been so amazing so far!



Classic Character Pose.

Saying "farewell" to the Sorcerer's Hat!

This was a big moment for me. Jake is the coolest.


Max loved me! Max, buddy, I love you too!












During the show, Halli and Ericka, two other Asia cast members and friends joined us! We rode Rockin' Roller Coaster and Tower of Terror, and then ended the night with Fantasmic!





This was such a fun day with friends I hadn't seen in awhile! It was great catching up, and spending time together at the parks!

x Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment

 photo s_03.jpg  photo s_04.jpg  photo s_05.jpg  photo s_06.jpg  photo s_07.jpg  photo s_08.jpg  photo s_09.jpg  photo s_10.jpg