lauren spitler

who.what.ren

Monday, December 22, 2014

Concert Filming & Castle Lighting | WDW in December Day 1

Like I mentioned before, I'll be sharing some of my photos from my recent trip to Walt Disney World, and I figured the most sensible way to do this would be to make a post for each day! So basically, if you look at each post, it is like you all went on the trip with me!! I hope you can look back on the pictures from our trip, and say it was fun! :) Haha

My first full day back in Florida was spent at Magic Kingdom, and it ended up being a 16-hour day in the park! For such a long day, I don't have a ton of photos to share, but still I think they're worth sharing! 

Every photo I share from my trip was taken by me, unless otherwise noted! With that said, here we go!

I woke up early and met my sister to go to Magic Kingdom, where we met some of her friends for the taping of the concert portion of the Christmas Parade (this year titled, "Disney Parks Frozen Christmas Celebration") that will air on ABC, Christmas Day! We got to the park before it opened, and raced in with crowds of people hoping to get a good viewing spot for the filming! I think we did pretty darn well! We stood in the cold and rainy weather as everything was set up and the stage was squeegeed multiple times before any of the performers came out. 

We watched Ariana Grande and Lexi Walker perform in front of the castle that morning and it took about 4 hours to film their numbers (a lot of the delay was due to the down-pouring rain, and each set up takes a bit of time). Despite the rain, and the fact that we were cold and soaked by the end of Lexi's filming, we were selling the warmth and sunshine of Florida on Christmas day for the cameras! 


Before Ariana came out, her dancers worked on modifying their routine to be safer with the semi-wet, and therefore slippery stage! Also, please note that beautiful sky! Ah, you can just feel the Vitamin D! Jokes! :)

One shot from the rehearsal before filming!





Between Ariana and Lexi's filming, the rain let up, which was fantastic! Unfortunately, once Lexi started performing, it picked back up and was heavier than before! Lexi Walker, if you are unfamiliar with the adorable 12-year old, has a crazy amazing voice, and is well-known for her cover of "Let it Go" on YouTube. If you haven't seen it before, join the 57 million+ people who have, and watch it now! It is easily one of my favorite covers of the song! You'll see what I'm talking about! (Note: If you are reading this post in your email because you subscribe that way, the videos don't show up in a way you can watch them, so just head to my blog if you want to watch those!)



Being that the parade this year is "Disney Parks Frozen Christmas Celebration," Lexi is performing "Let it Go" once again to close out the special! She is joined by a middle school choir, who were troopers as well, to be performing in the rain!



Disney Parks put a video on their YouTube channel called "Behind the Scenes: Frozen Christmas Celebration." In it, you get a look at the performances we witnessed, as well as the ones filmed at Disneyland Resort and Aulani. You also see some of the parade portion that was filmed the next day (come back and look at my post of Day 2 soon for pictures of that!). Now, because I look for my sister and myself in the video, I was able to spot us in the quick second that we are shown! 



The orange arrow points to my sister, and I am to her right! 
We are both wearing green sparkly Christmas Mickey ears!

Christine and me! 

Around lunch time, my sister and I went to warm up with some Starbucks, and joined one of our friends for lunch! Later, Christine (my sister) went to work, and I hung around in the park for the day! One of the final things I did for the day was watch "A Frozen Holiday Wish." This is where Elsa lights Cinderella's Castle by freezing it over!





You have to LOVE Cinderella Castle in the winter! It is so freaking beautiful! I cannot get enough of it! It honestly never gets old, no matter how many years I witness it in person.

Stay tuned for Day 2 which will be full of photos! I am so excited to share them!

x Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment

 photo s_03.jpg  photo s_04.jpg  photo s_05.jpg  photo s_06.jpg  photo s_07.jpg  photo s_08.jpg  photo s_09.jpg  photo s_10.jpg