lauren spitler

who.what.ren

Friday, December 19, 2014

Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party | Disney Happiness Project


I spent this last week at my favorite place in the entire world. I assume you know where I’m referring to, but just in case you aren’t familiar with me or my blog yet I’ll fill you in… it’s Walt Disney World :)

I know that I am incredible blessed to say I’ve gone to Walt Disney World even once in my lifetime, let alone as many times as I have, and that isn’t lost on me! I feel so grateful for every opportunity I’ve been given or worked toward, and this trip was one of those for me!

I will be posting pictures from my trip here on the blog soon because I feel like people don’t really post full albums on Facebook anymore, and I want to share them somehow! If you have a better idea though, please let me know!!

There are so many aspects of my trip that I could write about this week because I truly loved my entire week and everything made me so ridiculously happy, but I am choosing to focus on Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party for now!

This is the first year I’ve attended this ticketed event, and I had so much fun! I clearly love Disney, and I LOVE Christmas, so the extra expense was well worth it to me.

I was lucky that my former roommate from when I lived down in Florida working at Disney myself was able to join me! Mags (Maggie) and I set out with a to-do list and strategy to get it all done and accomplished a lot, which made me quite the happy camper!

Big things to us were character meet & greets, Celebrate the Season (the castle show), Holiday Wishes-Celebrate The Spirit of The Season (fireworks!), and Mickey’s Once Upon a Christmastime parade on Main Street with snow!! Other important things were getting our fair share of cookies, hot cocoa, apple slices, and juice, and visiting friends that were working during the party! My priorities were in-check!

Other people went for the attractions because of minimal wait-times, but no sir, not us! We went for the full Christmas experience! To each his own! There is no right or wrong way to do MVMCP, but I think it’s safe to say we did it right, haha!

Spending time with my good friend I hadn’t seen in months, the Christmas songs playing in the background all night, my favorite characters in seasonal costumes, and Disney’s snow covering Main Street all contributed to quite the memorable night!

WDW is my happy place, and the Christmas party is one big happy moment that I will gladly look back on and relive for a long time. I would highly recommend MVMCP to everyone, and I hope to attend another one in future years because it was one of the best ways to celebrate my favorite time of year and prepare for the big day that is just around the corner now! (eek!! YAY CHRISTMAS!)

I will be posting other pictures from my trip soon, including pictures from two days of the filming for Disney Parks Frozen Christmas Celebration, this year’s annual Christmas day parade that will air on Christmas day!! If you’re interested in a little behind-the-scenes look of that, check back here soon! :)

For now, I am going to leave a bunch of my party photos here for you!

First off, some characters!


I am obsessed with these guys! Dopey told me to sit by him, and I did because he is my favorite (which he loved to hear), despite Grumpy telling me to go to the back. Haha, thanks Grumps.



Rapunzel and Flynn Rider talked to us about what was in our satchels, and then after some asking and Flynn checking to be sure no guards followed us, he showed us what was in his... Rapunzel's crown!
The perfect fit for the Lost Princess :)

Then, Prince Charming hijacked our chat looking for his missing cuff links, but Flynn assured him that the last thing he stole was Rapunzel's heart. Cue the entire room of girls going, "awwww!"



Abu was fixing my hair with his spit. Thanks Abu! I'm glad you've got my back... and my hair!


Next, here's one of my favorite pictures that I took while watching the Parade down Main Street. It is of these winter-loving sisters! You've gotta love them!


Speaking of Main Street and winter, here is one of my pictures of the snow-covered beauty!


I am a sucker for a good castle show, and I was very excited to see one celebrating the holidays! I also was looking forward to seeing Frosty dance on stage, and he did not disappoint, let me tell you :)




And I'll leave you with one final picture of Holiday Wishes for good measure! 


Like I said before, Christmas is right around the corner, and I cannot wait! Looking back over my pictures from MVMCP makes me so happy and ready to celebrate the holiday season! I hope you are enjoying the season, and having a blessed time, and I hope that my pictures possibly put you in more of a Christmas-y mood :)


x Lauren


One more thing! This song, "Christmas is Coming" performed by R5 was playing while Mags and I waited for the Parade to come down Main Street, and I went home and bought the song, because I'm loving it! If you want some good recommendations on Christmas songs sung by Disney Channel stars, I'm your girl! I know the good ones for sure, haha!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 photo s_03.jpg  photo s_04.jpg  photo s_05.jpg  photo s_06.jpg  photo s_07.jpg  photo s_08.jpg  photo s_09.jpg  photo s_10.jpg